Why should I switch from electric to propane to power my home?
Posted: October 21, 2019
If you use electricity to power some or all of the home comfort equipment in your Central Maine home, you’re not alone…but you are missing out on the many benefits that clean, green propane can give you.
Compared to electricity, propane is more:
- Reliable: Did you know that power outages are more than twice as common as they were just a decade ago? When you switch from electric to propane power, you’re free of the grid – and if you get your fuel refilled by automatic propane delivery, you never have to worry about your heat shutting off or your propane running out.
- Versatile: Propane can run all your appliances – including your space heaters, water heater, clothes dryer, backup power generators, and more.
- Efficient: Propane provides far more BTUs per dollar than electric – a very important factor to consider when considering how to heat a home here in Maine.
- Eco-friendly: 80 times more effective at trapping heat than carbon dioxide. Burning propane releases virtually no greenhouse gases.
- Safe: Propane will not ignite until the air reaches 940° F, and there must be a very specific combination of propane and oxygen for propane to burn. Fires cause by electricity, on the other hand, are common – in fact, electrical problems are the second-leading cause of home fires.
Best of all, converting from electric to propane is easy – and more affordable than you think! Our expert technicians can make the conversions in a day or two, with minimal disruption to your family or home life.
Contact Murray-Heutz Oil and Propane today to get a FREE, no obligation estimate on a propane conversion for your Central Maine home.