New Year’s Resolutions: Six Home Comfort Commitments for 2019
Posted: January 7, 2019
Believe it or not, 2019 has arrived– and with it comes that time-honored tradition of making resolutions and commitments for the year ahead. Why not make some that will reduce stress and make you more comfortable in your Central Maine-area home?
Here are six promises that will save you money and make things easier and safer for your family in the coming year.
- Be prepared for anything – If you have ever experienced a propane run-out, you know how stressful it can be. Sign up for Murray-Heutz Tank Utility propane tank monitoring and you can say goodbye to that worry once and for all. With Tank Utility, we will know EXACTLY how much propane is in your tank at any moment and can schedule your propane delivery whenever you need a top-off.
Want another way to be prepared for anything? Invest in a propane standby generator.
- Do the little things – One of the best things you can do to keep your heating equipment running at peak efficiency is also one of the smallest and easiest tasks: check your air filters at least once a month, cleaning or changing them when necessary. A clogged filter will rob your equipment of efficiency and make it overwork to do its job, which will likely result in an avoidable heating equipment repair.
- Be smarter – Stressed by roller coaster heating bills? Sign up for a Murray-Heutz Smart Pay Payment Plan – available for propane or heating oil deliveries – and you will pay the same for your fuel month after month, no matter how much you use. Want to be even smarter? Sign up for Smart Pay Plus and cap your fuel price so you can rest easy no matter how much the market prices for fuels change.
- Invest in upkeep – Want your home heating equipment to run better for longer? Get an inspection and preventative maintenance every year. Routine service will pay for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a Murray-Heutz Service Plan for your oil- or propane-fired heating equipment or your air conditioning system – you will get a tune-up plus priority emergency service, discounted repairs, and more.
- Make sensible upgrades – A time will come when replacing your heating equipment makes more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, invest in a high-efficiency furnace, boiler, or water heater – it will often pay for itself within just a few years in efficiency improvements alone, to say nothing of the peace of mind that comes from owning new, under-warranty equipment.
- Be safe – If you don’t have carbon monoxide detectors installed at every level of your older Maine home (they’re required on new construction), do it right away – these simple, inexpensive fail-safes provide peace of mind, and could even save a life. If you use propane appliances, consider adding propane leak detectors, too.
Save money and enjoy more comfort and peace of mind in 2019 with smart habits and expert service from Murray-Heutz Oil and Propane. Contact us today to learn about equipment upgrades for your Central Maine home!