Why Choose Automatic Delivery from Murray-Heutz?
Posted: January 14, 2019
Not many people want to deal with the hassle of managing their heating oil or propane supply – or with the consequences of experiencing a fuel run-out in the teeth of a Central Maine winter cold spell.
Fortunately, there is a convenient, no-fee service from Murray-Heutz that helps you avoid these problems while taking many of the hassles out of heating your home: automatic delivery.
If you’re not familiar with automatic delivery, here are a few questions and answers to get you familiar with this convenient service; if you have more, just ask.
Murray-Heutz automatic delivery Q&A
- How does automatic delivery work? Our teams estimate your time of delivery based on your past usage and a “degree day” formula, which approximates how much heating fuel a home your size would use given current weather conditions*. When your propane or heating oil tank reaches about one-quarter full, we will schedule a delivery; there is no need to call or even look at your fuel gauge.
- What’s the difference between automatic delivery and Will Call? With Will Call delivery, you are responsible for tracking your fuel levels and scheduling your propane or heating oil delivery. You may also have to wait for a refueling in periods of high demand. With automatic delivery, you don’t have to manage your fuel or wait for a delivery; it will be scheduled based on your need.
- Why is there no additional charge for this service? Automatic delivery is offered at no additional cost because it benefits us, too. If we know when you need your propane or heating oil, we can schedule our deliveries more efficiently – which means we can serve more customers and avoid having to divert crews to deal with emergency run-outs.
- What are the three key benefits of automatic delivery?
- No more managing your fuel supply – You will never have to check your fuel gauge or remember to call for an appointment.
- No more waiting for deliveries – If you choose our “no one home” option, you’ll never have to wait around for the truck to come.
- No more run-outs – or their consequences – You won’t have to worry about run-outs or their consequences – like the expense of having your propane system restarted.
Let Murray-Heutz take the hassle out of managing your home heating oil or propane supply with automatic delivery! Contact us today to learn more, or to make the switch from Will Call!
*One degree day is allotted for each degree below 65 that the average temperature reaches in your location on a given day. For example, if the average temperature is 35 degrees, 30 degree days are added to fuel your estimate).